This Southern-style shrimp dish is just peachy keen.
- ½ pound day-old crusty bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ pounds ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Heat oven to 375˚. Spread bread in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, and garlic in a large bowl until thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes, onion, basil, and toasted bread; toss to combine.
- Let sit for up to 30 minutes before serving drizzled with additional oil.