- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar, or brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1½ cups cooked red quinoa
- ¼ cup lightly chopped mint
- Greek yogurt or goat cheese, optional
¼ cup lightly chopped mint
- 1½ cups cooked green lentils
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, combine beans with 1 tablespoon oil, cumin, garam masala, and allspice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill, turning often, until lightly charred and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Return to large bowl and let cool before halving lengthwise on a diagonal.
- Combine lemon zest and juice, vinegar, sugar, garlic, and ¼ cup oil in small bowl. Stir in chives.
- Add lemon mixture to green beans and toss in quinoa, lentils, and mint. Serve with a few dollops of yogurt or crumbled goat cheese. Best served room temperature.