- 1 pound cooked and peeled baby Chiogga beets (cook at 375 for 90 minutes until tender)
- 2 ounces red ribbon arugula
- 2 ounces black mustard greens
- 1 ounce lemon verbena tips
- 1 ounce citrus marigold flowers
- 2 ounces Cypress Grove purple haze goat cheese
- 1 ounce salted Marcona almonds, split in two
- 1 ounce meyer lemon Juice
- Zest of ½ meyer lemon, grated fine
- 4 ounces Venta Del Baron extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
Mix the ingredients for the dressing 1 hour before serving the salad and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cut the beets in half and arrange in the center of each of the four plates. Crumble ½ ounces of goat cheese on each plate. Place arugula, mustard greens, verbena and citrus marigolds over the beets.
Garnish with almonds and drizzle each plate with a tablespoon of the dressing
About this recipe
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jeremy Hammond-Chambers/ Innovative Dining