- 1½ cups coconut milk
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 large carrots, sliced into thick rounds diagonally
- 14 ounces organic extra firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 cups broccoli florets, halved if large
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Cilantro, for serving
Heat oven to 350°. Combine coconut milk, stock, curry paste, and tamari in small bowl, whisking to dissolve curry paste. Set coconut-curry mixture aside.
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft. Add ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant. Stir in rice. Add carrots, tofu, and coconut-curry mixture, stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer, cover, and transfer to oven. Bake until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven, stir in broccoli, and let stand for 10 minutes.
Stir in lime juice and serve topped with cilantro.