- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 1 large egg, beaten Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for greasing dish
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Fresh basil, for serving
Heat oven to 375°. Combine ricotta, spinach, and egg and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes and cook until soft and juices release. Add garlic and balsamic and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat, stir in quinoa, and season with salt and pepper.
Lightly grease a 2-quart gratin dish. Spread half the quinoa mixture in dish. Top with ricotta mixture and half the mozzarella. Top with remaining quinoa and mozzarella. Bake until browned and bubbling, about 45 minutes.
Let sit for 15 minutes before serving topped with basil.