- ½ cup Vegenaise or mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked white beans, rinsed
- ½ cup jarred artichoke hearts, drained, patted dry, and chopped
- 4 scallions, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 split hamburger buns or pitas
- Arugula and avocado, for serving
- Combine mayonnaise, coriander, and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine beans, artichoke hearts, scallions, and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture in a large bowl. Using a potato masher, mash mixture until a chunky paste forms (or pulse in a food processor).
- Stir in quinoa, bread crumbs, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Form bean mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add patties and cook until browned and crispy, about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve each burger on a bun with remaining mayonnaise mixture and toppings.