Makes 8 peppers
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, pimientos, and green onion in a large bowl; stir with rubber spatula until thoroughly mixed. Refrigerate while preparing peppers.
- Using a paring knife, make 2 cuts forming a "T" by first slicing crosswise ¼-inch below the stem, being careful to leave the stem intact. Then, starting at the center of the crosswise slice, cut lengthwise down to the tip of the pepper.
- Carefully open the flaps like a book to expose the interior; remove the core and scrape the inside to remove seeds and ribs. Rinse peppers thoroughly to remove any remaining seeds.
- Fill each pepper with 1-2 tablespoons pimiento cheese, depending on size. Wrap bacon tightly around each pepper and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, brush generously with honey. Return to oven and bake until bacon is crisping around edges and peppers are soft, 5-10 additional minutes. Let cool. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over top.
Artisan Cheese Company on Main Street in downtown Sarasota makes the best Pimiento Cheese Spread I've ever had, packaged or otherwise -- not to say my recipe isn’t delicious, but a girl's gotta give credit where credit is due! Stop in and pick up a batch and make this recipe even easier to whip up.