- 1 small, ripe Florida avocado (or half a large)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus zest for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp, cooked, chilled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped frisée
- 4 rolls, buttered and toasted
- Purple cabbage and cilantro, for serving
- Combine avocado flesh, buttermilk, mayonnaise, garlic, chives, and lime juice in a blender. Blend until smooth. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Combine shrimp and frisée in large bowl. Add enough dressing to thoroughly coat.
- Fill each bun with shrimp mixture, cabbage, and cilantro. Sprinkle with lime zest and serve.
*Notes: I recommend cooking the shrimp yourself over purchasing pre-cooked shrimp. A simple sauté in a little oil with salt and pepper will do just fine.