- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange, plus ¼ cup juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 medium beets, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 large jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 orange, peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
Crunchy, sweet, and zesty (literally—there is orange zest in this), this slaw is a great side to grilled fish or chicken. You can also serve it as a fabulous vegan main course; just add some sunflower seeds or quinoa if you're going that route.
- Combine oil, orange zest and juice, vinegar, and honey in a large bowl.
- Add beets, jicama, cilantro, and mint; toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with orange slices.