- ½ cup shredded jicama
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1½ teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon pickle relish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces black grouper fillets, cut into 6 pieces
- Blackening seasoning, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 6-inch tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Fresh pico de gallo, for serving
Combine jicama, cabbage, mayonnaise, capers, shallots, and pickle relish in bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Dust grouper with blackening seasoning. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear grouper on each side until nicely browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
Top each tortilla with cheese, followed by grouper, and topped with jicama slaw. Serve with pico de gallo on the side.