- 2 (3-ounce) bags crab boil
- 1 tablespoon liquid crab boil
- 3 lemons, halved
- 1 pound small red bliss potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 onions, quartered
- 3 pounds live crawfish
- 12 ounces kielbasa, cut into 2-inch pieces (or grilled Alligator sausage)
- 2 ears corn, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
Bring 3 gallons water to boil in a large pot. Add dry and liquid crab boil, squeeze in lemons, then add potatoes, garlic, and onions. Boil for 10 minutes. Add crawfish, kielbasa, corn, and mushrooms. Cover and boil for 5 minutes. Turn off heat. Stir in salt and cayenne pepper, return lid, and let sit for 10 minutes. Drain off liquid. Line table with newspaper and dig in.
Recipe courtesy of Saltwater Café, Nokomis, FL (saltwatercafe.com).