Sponsored by Whole Foods Market, Edible Sarasota’s Holiday Cookie Countdown features a scrumptious cookie recipe every day of December until Christmas.
- 1 package vanilla cake mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- Heat oven to 350°. Combine cake mix with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in large bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat in butter, pumpkin, and eggs until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion dough into tablespoon-sized dollops onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Make sure portions are uniform in size and shape. Bake until set, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- To make the filling, combine butter, cream cheese, syrup, and salt in large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Spread a dollop of frosting on a cookie and top with another cookie. Repeat until all cookies are used. Refrigerate until ready to serve.