Sponsored by Whole Foods Market, Edible Sarasota’s Holiday Cookie Countdown features a scrumptious cookie recipe every day of December until Christmas.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 package puff pastry, thawed
- Flour, for rolling out dough
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Using a handheld mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, and pomegranate molasses in medium bowl, beating until fluffy.
- Heat oven to 350°. Divide puff pastry into two portions. Working with one dough at a time, unfold and roll on a lightly floured work surface into a 12-inch square. Cut into 16 squares, making 32 total. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Using a fluted pastry wheel or sharp knife, cut 1-inch slits diagonally from each corner toward the center. Fold every other corner over towards center to create a pinwheel shape. Press lightly to seal. Use a pastry brush to lightly brush tops of pinwheels with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and use the back of a spoon to press down the centers of the hot pastries to make an indentation.
- Fill each indentation with a dollop of cream cheese mixture. Top each with pomegranate seeds. Best eaten warm.