Sponsored by Whole Foods Market, Edible Sarasota’s Holiday Cookie Countdown features a scrumptious cookie recipe every day of December until Christmas.
- 1 (16-ounce) jar creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- ½ cup melted butter, plus 4 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups crisped rice cereal
- 1 (10-ounce) package bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Combine peanut butter, sugar, ½ cup melted butter, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in cereal; mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter, chocolate, and coconut oil in medium bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Form peanut butter mixture into 1-inch balls. Dip in chocolate to coat.
- Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate to set. Best served cold.