Sponsored by Whole Foods Market, Edible Sarasota’s Holiday Cookie Countdown features a scrumptious cookie recipe every day of December until Christmas.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- ⅓ cup orange blossom honey
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Glaze and Topping
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- ¼ cup sanding sugar
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl. Cream with an electric mixer set to medium-high until light and fluffy, scraping bowl as needed. Beat in egg and mix until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In another small bowl or measuring cup, combine honey, yogurt, orange zest, and vanilla.
- With mixer on low, add wet and dry ingredients a little at a time. Beat until smooth. This will be a very sticky dough.
- Portion into 1-tablespoon smooth balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden around edges, about 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- To make the glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth. In a small bowl, combine orange zest and sanding sugar to make topping.
- Dip each cooled cookie into the glaze and then sprinkle with orange-sugar.