Sponsored by Whole Foods Market, Edible Sarasota’s Holiday Cookie Countdown features a scrumptious cookie recipe every day of December until Christmas.
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in pecans, flour, heavy cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt until smooth.
- Working quickly, portion mixture into 2-teaspoon scoops spaced 3 inches apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until deep golden brown and bubbling slows, 6–7 minutes. If dough starts to set between batches being baked, rewarm it gently over low heat to loosen.
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Use a metal spatula to carefully remove cookies from baking sheet and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.