Sponsored by Whole Foods Market, Edible Sarasota’s Holiday Cookie Countdown features a scrumptious cookie recipe every day of December until Christmas.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- ½ cup blanched almond meal (or finely chopped, blanched almonds)
- ½ cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate (or mini chocolate chips)
- 1 cup less 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Confectioner's sugar
- Rainbow-colored sanding sugar, for decorating
- Heat oven to 350°. Combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt in large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate. Add flour and stir to combine.
- Portion into 1-tablespoon balls and transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Cool cookies completely.
- Shake a few cookies at a time in a baggie with confectioner's sugar and sanding sugar.