- 2 pounds ground Kobe beef (regular ground sirloin can be substituted)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 onion, finely diced, rinsed in cold water, and dried
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 2 cups grated white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- 1½ teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°.
Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and knead together by hand until thoroughly mixed. Divide into 6 – 8 equal portions and place in individual metal molds. Bake for 22 minutes, unmold, and serve.
Variation: Top and serve each meatloaf with a fried sunny-side-up egg and a large onion ring.
6-8 individual servings
Courtesy of Executive Chef Francis “Fran” Casciato – Libby’s Café + Bar