Sponsored by Whole Foods Market, Edible Sarasota’s Holiday Cookie Countdown features a scrumptious cookie recipe every day of December until Christmas.
First, prepare the cookies:
- Heat oven to 325°. Combine flour, sugar, coconut, lemon zest, and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter using a fork or your hands until crumbly. Begin kneading in bowl until a crumbly dough starts to form.
- Transfer mixture to a work surface and knead until a smooth dough forms. Resist the temptation to add liquid, the dough will come together after kneading. Divide dough in half.
- Working with one dough at a time, pat dough on a lightly floured work surface into an 8-inch rectangle about ½-inch thick. Cut into 12 squares and then cut each square in half diagonally to make a triangle.
- Bake until light golden on bottoms, about 17 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
To make the icing:
- Combine sugar, coconut oil, and lemon zest in small bowl. Add lemon juice as needed, whisking, to reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle icing over cookies and sprinkle with coconut.