- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1½ teaspoons salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
Thoroughly combine lamb with all the herbs and spices in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Heat grill to medium-high and brush with vegetable oil. Form each portion of lamb mixture into a small sausage shape. Insert skewer lengthwise into each portion. Brush with vegetable oil and grill, turning occasionally, until just cooked through, 8–10 minutes. Serve with rice, if desired.
NOTE: Grilling skewered ground meat can be tricky if not prepared. Make sure your grill is well-seasoned and plenty hot to prevent sticking. If sticking does occur, use a sturdy, heat-proof spatula to flip and move the skewers to keep them in one piece.