- 7-10 jumbo shrimp
- 1 ½ tbs vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 chopped Thai chilies (optional)
- ¼ cups sliced onion
- ¼ cup sliced green bell pepper
- ¼ cup sliced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup sliced or julienne carrot
- 1 tbs sweet black soy sauce or Pantai brand chile paste with soya sauce
- 2 tbs Golden Mountain seasoning sauce
- 1 tbs oyster sauce (optional)
- 1-2 tsp fish sauce (optional)
- ½ cup fresh holy basil (krapow) leaves
Steam shrimp or tofu in a strainer basket for 1 minute and remove from water. Alternatively, deep fry tofu cubes until golden brown and set aside.
Lightly steam vegetables for 30 seconds and remove from water.
Heat vegetable oil in wok to medium hot, then stir the chopped garlic and Thai chilies for 15-30 seconds until the aroma comes out. Add onion and stir until onion starts to soften.
Turn work to high heat and add bell peppers, carrots, and shrimp. Stir quickly under high heat for approximately 30 seconds.
Add Golden Mountain seasoning sauce, black sweet soy sauce or chile paste, oyster sauce and fish sauce if desired. Mix thoroughly to cover all ingredients and turn off work.
Add basil leaves stir for 10 seconds or until the basil leaves become slightly wilted. Serve with Thai Jasmine Rice.
Isan Thai Restaurant: 5758 South Tamiami Tr, Sarasota; 941-923-1232; isanthairestaurant.com