Sponsored by Whole Foods Market, Edible Sarasota’s Holiday Cookie Countdown features a scrumptious cookie recipe every day of December until Christmas.
- In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, combine butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, and egg. Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, scraping bowl as necessary. Add lavender and orange zest and beat to combine.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour, scraping bowl as necessary, until a soft, sticky dough forms.
- Divide dough into two portions, form into 1-inch-thick disks, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or until ready to use.
- Heat oven to 350°. Working with one dough at a time, roll out to ¼-inch thick. Cut desired shapes and transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets. Cookies will not rise or spread, so place them close together.
- Bake until set, about 8 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through cooking time. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- To prepare the glaze, combine melted butter, orange juice, orange zest, and salt in medium bowl. Add sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread on cooled cookies. Sprinkle with sanding sugar.