Sponsored by Whole Foods Market, Edible Sarasota’s Holiday Cookie Countdown features a scrumptious cookie recipe every day of December until Christmas.
- Combine butter, 1 cup sugar, molasses, and egg in a large bowl, whisking until smooth and thick.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in medium bowl.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir to combine thoroughly. Chill cookie dough in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°. Pulse candied ginger and remaining ½ cup sugar in food processor until finely ground. Transfer to a plate.
- Form dough into 1 tablespoon balls. Gently roll each ball in ginger-sugar mixture.
- Place on parchment-lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake until just set around the edges (they will be soft in the center), 8–10 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.