- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken stock, canned or homemade
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups escarole, roughly chopped
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a soup pot, add butter, onion, garlic; cook over low heat until slightly translucent, then add chicken stock and carrots.
Simmer a few minutes, then add escarole and beans. Simmer 20–30 minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.