- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons chopped parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 7 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled deveined and chopped
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 1 large jicama, peeled and sliced thinly (2–3 cups)
Crab and Shrimp Cakes
Combine sour cream, half of the parsley, mustard and fresh ground pepper, blend and set aside.
Heat 5 teaspoons canola oil in a large sauté pan and sauté onion and celery until tender.
Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Combine shrimp and crab in large bowl, stir in remaining parsley, Parmesan, salt , egg whites and beaten egg. Gently stir in Panko crumbs. Divide mixture into 8 equal parts and form into ½-inch-thick patties.
Heat skillet over medium–high heat with the remaining oil. Add seafood cakes and lightly brown on each side. Serve with jicama salad.
In a large bowl, mix together the jicama, onions, red pepper and cilantro, tossing with the splash of vinegar. Chill for 2–4 hours. Toss with lime juice and salt just before serving and garnish with the sour cream or yogurt.