Sponsored by Whole Foods Market, Edible Sarasota’s Holiday Cookie Countdown features a scrumptious cookie recipe every day of December until Christmas.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon fine salt
- 1½ sticks butter, softened
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup rainbow-colored sprinkles, plus more for decorating
- Heat oven to 375°. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, combine butter and sugar in large bowl and beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed until well mixed. Stir in sprinkles.
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion dough into 2-tablespoon balls onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until light golden on the bottoms and set around the edges, 10–12 minutes. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.