Sponsored by Whole Foods Market, Edible Sarasota’s Holiday Cookie Countdown features a scrumptious cookie recipe every day of December until Christmas.
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 8 ounces milk or semi-sweet chocolate
- Heat oven to 350°. Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle half the mixture on a work surface.
- Unfold pastry over sugar mixture, sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture and roll dough into a 14-inch square. Fold square in half and cut crosswise into 24 strips.
- Twist each strip and place on parchment-lined baking sheets, pressing down the ends. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake twists until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Melt chocolate in large bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Dip twists into melted chocolate. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets to set.