Sponsored by Whole Foods Market, Edible Sarasota’s Holiday Cookie Countdown features a scrumptious cookie recipe every day of December until Christmas.
- Combine semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter in large bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Melt chocolate and butter, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine eggs, both sugars, and vanilla in medium bowl. Whisk until homogenous. Pour into chocolate mixture and whisk to combine.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Add to chocolate mixture, folding to combine. Fold in bittersweet chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment and grease paper. Portion dough into 2-tablespoon balls and place on prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake until set, about 12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners sugar, if desired.