Sponsored by Whole Foods Market, Edible Sarasota’s Holiday Cookie Countdown features a scrumptious cookie recipe every day of December until Christmas.
- 1½ sticks butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon fine salt
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup toffee bits
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until foam subsides and rich golden brown specks form throughout the butter, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer browned butter to a wide, shallow bowl, scraping all the browned bits from the skillet. Place in freezer to set, about 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Scrape set browned butter into bowl of a standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Add both sugars and beat at medium-high speed, scraping bowl often, until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed until combined. Stir in toffee bits and chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion dough into 2-tablespoon balls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until light golden on the bottoms and set around the edges, 10–12 minutes. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.