- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for cauliflower
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup pine nuts, lightly chopped
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. Place an 8-inch cast iron skillet in oven and heat oven to 400° with convection on.
2. Trim cauliflower creating a flat bottom so it will sit upright. Evenly coat with butter and season generously with salt and pepper. Carefully add 1 cup water to hot skillet and place cauliflower on top. Return skillet to oven and cook for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and use a pastry brush to coat cauliflower generously with oil. Return to oven and continue to cook until deep golden brown and tender, 30–45 additional minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and pine nuts and cook until garlic has lightly browned. Stir in raisins. Add wine and simmer until evaporated. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over cauliflower and sprinkle with cheese before serving.