- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated tapioca (quick cooking)
- 1⁄3 cup plus 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
1. Combine almond milk, tapioca, cacao powder, maple syrup, and salt in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until thick and tapioca is soft, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate and 1 teaspoon vanilla, whisking vigorously until chocolate is melted. Let cool to room temperature then transfer to a powerful blender. Using the tamper tool to help, blend until smooth. (You may need to add a splash of almond milk if the blender is struggling.) Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
2. Just before serving, prepare coconut whipped cream. Spoon hardened coconut cream from top of chilled can (leaving separated liquid behind) and place in a large, chilled bowl. Beat with a hand-mixer on high until smooth. Add powdered sugar and remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla. Beat until creamy and smooth, adding a teaspoon of reserved coconut liquid as needed to loosen any large lumps, about 2 minutes.
3. To serve, layer chocolate pudding, coconut cream, and strawberries decoratively into serving glasses.