Goat's Milk Ricotta
- 4 cups whole goat's milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Spring Pea & Mint Pasta
- 12 ounces dried Mafaldine pasta, broken in half
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 4½ cups water
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, stem ends snapped
- 6 ounces frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup Goat's Milk Ricotta (or store-bought ricotta), room temperature
- Combine milk and salt in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- Warm milk, stirring often with a rubber spatula to prevent scorching, until it reaches 180°.
- Remove from heat and briefly stir in vinegar and lemon juice.
- Let sit undisturbed while curds form, about 5 minutes.
- Set a sieve over a large bowl and line with cheesecloth.
- Carefully transfer the curds to sieve and let drain briefly.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to add to pasta (below)..
- Combine pasta, garlic, butter, 1½ teaspoons salt, and water in a large, straight-sided skillet.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar snap peas and continue to cook until pasta is al dente and water has reduced to a sauce-like consistency, 2–3 minutes.
- Quickly add peas and stir to warm through.
- Add mint and toss to combine.
- Divide among 4 bowls and top with ricotta and lemon zest.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.