- 2½ pounds ripe tomatoes, cored
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 ounces baguette, cubed
- ½–1 cup clam juice
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 hard-boiled egg yolks, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely grated Gulf Coast Caviar (bottarga)
1. Place tomatoes, garlic, and salt in a powerful blender and blend until smooth. Add bread and let soak for 5 minutes.
2. Add clam juice and blend until smooth. (Add additional clam juice if soup is having trouble blending.) With blender running, slowly add oil and blend until thick. Season with additional salt, if necessary, and pepper.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve topped with eggs and caviar.
NOTE: You can purchase Gulf Coast Caviar at Simon’s Coffee House.