- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons white miso
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 small butternut squash peeled, seeds removed, and diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sage, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese or goat cheese, optional
- 4 cups red kale
To prepare the dressing, whisk together the first seven ingredients until thick and homogenized.
Now, to create the salad:
- Heat oven to 400°. Combine squash, sweet potatoes, oil, and sage on large, rimmed baking sheet. Season generously with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add farro, half the walnuts, half the pomegranate seeds, and all but ¼ cup vinaigrette; toss to combine.
- Toss kale with reserved ¼ cup vinaigrette and arrange on a large serving platter. Top with roasted squash mixture.
- Serve topped with remaining walnuts, pomegranate seeds, blue cheese, and sage leaves.