- 1 small pineapple
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 pound peeled and deveined small Gulf shrimp, cooked
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 2 tablespoons minced mint
Halve pineapple lengthwise and remove flesh leaving a ¼-inch border. (Cover hollowed out pineapple halves and refrigerate until ready to serve.) Remove fibrous core from flesh and discard core. Chop remaining flesh and set aside, you should have about 3 cups.
Combine lime juice and zest, lemon juice and zest, honey, garlic, and jalapeno in a large bowl. Add shrimp, onion, and reserved pineapple. Season with salt and pepper. Let marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, add avocado and mint. Serve in hollowed out pineapple halves garnished with tarragon.
NOTE: Try serving this tucked in lettuce wraps.
Recipe courtesy of Charlotte Abrams