- Olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 4–6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 pound chopped sirloin
- 1 pound ground veal
- ½ pound ground pork
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 (28-ounce) can San Marzano whole tomatoes
- 1 pound paccheri pasta
- Fresh basil
1. Generously coat bottom of a large saucepan or pot with oil and heat over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until translucent. Add parsley and oregano and stir to combine.
2. Add all meats and cook, stirring, until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add tomatoes and let simmer for about 1 hour. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta and add to a large bowl. Put the sauce on top and toss with pasta.
4. Place basil on top and serve.