Green Tomato Salsa Verde
- Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place green tomatoes on baking sheet, stem-side down, and place under broiler about 2-inches from heat. Broil 2–5 minutes, until charred.
- Using tongs, turn tomatoes over, and cook on the other side for 2–5 minutes, until blackened. Remove from heat. When cool enough to handle, core tomatoes and remove charred skin. Quarter and place in a blender.
- Soak chopped onions for 5 minutes in cold water. Drain, rinse, and drain again on paper towels. Add to blender along with remaining ingredients, except water, and blend to a coarse consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl, taste and adjust seasonings, and thin out with water if desired. Let stand for 30 minutes or longer before serving to allow the flavors to develop. You may wish to thin out after it stands.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Refrigerate and warm when ready to eat.
1. Heat oven to 425°. Pat fish dry with paper towels, and let stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully place fillets, top side down, in hot oil. Cook until the edges are lightly browned, 3–4 minutes.
3. Transfer skillet to oven. Bake until fish is opaque, 4–5 minutes. Remove skillet from oven and place fish, seared side up, on warmed succotash. Top with salsa and fresh squeezed lime, serve immediately.