- 1 tablespoon Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 racks St. Louis-style spareribs, about 3 pounds each
- 1 cup Oaks Original BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup grape jelly
- ½ cup honey
Combine rub ingredients in a small bowl. Rub both sides of ribs with spice mixture. Place ribs in 200°–300° smoker and tent loosely with foil. Cook until tender, 3–4 hours, rotating ribs and adding 10 briquettes every hour and a wood chunk as needed. Remove from smoker and let rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine barbecue sauce, grape jelly, and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; set aside. Heat grill to high. Brush both sides of ribs with honey barbecue sauce, then sear on grill for 5 minutes per side. Serve topped with additional sauce.
NOTE: The Oaks Original BBQ Sauce is available for purchase at the restaurant. When not available, substitute your favorite barbecue sauce.
Recipe courtesy of The Oaks Open Pit BBQ: oaksopenpitbbq.com