- 1 cup ricotta cheese, room temperature
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ pound tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon torn fresh basil, plus more for serving
- 8 brown rice lasagna noodles, carefully broken in half crosswise
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 2 large zucchini, cut into thin slices lengthwise (12 slices)
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, for serving
Season ricotta with salt and pepper and set aside at room temperature. Combine tomatoes, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, balsamic, and basil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside at room temperature.
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions until cooked through. Drain and return to pot with a little oil to prevent sticking.
Meanwhile, heat grill or grill pan to high. Lightly brush corn and zucchini with oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill vegetables, turning as needed, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes for zucchini and 10 minutes for corn. Let corn cool slightly before cutting off cob.
To assemble lasagna, place one noodle on a serving plate, spread small spoonfuls of ricotta over noodle, top with corn and zucchini. Repeat layering twice. Finish with a final noodle and top with tomato mixture. Serve with grated parmesan and basil.
NOTE: This room temperature take on lasagna turns a traditionally heavy meal into a light and fresh dish.