Sponsored by Whole Foods Market, Edible Sarasota’s Holiday Cookie Countdown features a scrumptious cookie recipe every day of December until Christmas.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Granulated sugar
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring, as needed
- Combine flour, butter, heavy cream, and salt in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat on low speed until a smooth dough forms.
- Portion dough into 3 equal pieces, form into disks, and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°. Working with one dough at a time, roll out into ⅛-inch thick on a lightly floured work surface. Use a 1½-inch cookie cutter to cut into desired shapes.
- Generously cover a piece of parchment paper or large plate with granulated sugar. Dip both sides of each cookie in sugar and transfer to ungreased cookie sheets. Prick each cookie evenly with a fork about 4 times.
- Bake until set, but not browned, about 7 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, beat all ingredients together until smooth.
- Sandwich cookies between about ½ teaspoon of the icing.