- 1 pound ground all-natural turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese 5-spice or allspice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine turkey, onion, herbs, syrup, Chinese 5-spice, 1 tablespoon of oil, salt, and pepper. Using a cookie dough scoop (or spoon), scoop mixture into approximate 2-inch balls. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add balls, flattening to about 1⁄2 inch thick. Cook for 3–4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and firm to the touch.