- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1½-inch chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1½-inch wedges
- 2 bell peppers (red and yellow), cut into 1½-inch wedges
- 24 pitted Kalamata olives, for serving
- Fresh parsley, for serving
- 6 (12-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, thyme, and cumin in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces and toss well to coat chicken. Cover and transfer to refrigerator for at least 1 hour, up to 4 hours.
Heat grill to medium-high. Thread chicken, onion, and peppers onto skewers, distributing ingredients evenly.
Brush grill lightly with oil. Grill kebabs for about 10 minutes, turning once, until chicken and veggies are cooked through and nicely charred. Transfer to serving platter and top with olives and parsley. Serve with tzatziki sauce.
Quick Tzatziki Sauce:
Combine 1 cup Greek whole milk yogurt, 1 English cucumber (seeded, finely grated, and drained), 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill.