- ½ cup packed cilantro
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus 1 teaspoon zest
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- ½ cup crushed saltine crackers
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- Clarified butter or oil, for frying
- 2 (or 4) buns of your choice (the squishier the better), buttered and toasted
- 1 large tomato, cut into thick slices
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked
- 1 cup microgreens or sprouts
Makes 2 giant sandwiches, or 4 normal sandwiches
- Combine cilantro, scallions, garlic, olive oil, salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest in bowl of a food processor and pulse until a thick sauce forms. Set chimichurri aside.
- Combine egg, mayonnaise, and Old Bay in a large bowl. Add crab and lightly toss to combine.
- Let rest a few minutes before gently folding in crackers. Form crab mixture into 2 (or 4) patties and lightly coat with flour.
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook crab cakes until golden brown, 3–4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Slather the inside of each bun with chimichurri and top with tomato, crab cake, bacon, and microgreens. Serve immediately.