- 3 tablespoons butter, plus more for pan
- 1½ cups fresh sweet corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 ounces triple cream brie, such as Rouge et Noir, room temperature
- ¼ cup chopped chives
These savory corn pancakes have melted brie on top rather than butter.
You can find Rouge et Noir at Sarasota’s own Artisan Cheese Company.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in yogurt, milk, egg, and butter until just combined. Fold in corn. Heat a pat of butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Using 2 tablespoons batter for each pancake, spoon into skillet and smooth to make round. Cook until surface of pancakes has formed bubbles, 1–2 minutes. Flip and cook until underside is golden, 1–2 minutes more.
Add more butter to pan as needed. Serve layered with brie and sprinkled with chives.
Recipe courtesy of Charlotte Abrams