- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for serving
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (see note)
- 2–4 tablespoons maple syrup, or to desired sweetness
- ¼ cup chopped, toasted pecans
- Butter and milk, for serving
Add coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until cinnamon is fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add cooked quinoa and cook, stirring constantly, until quinoa is warmed through, about 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and stir in maple syrup.
Divide mixture between 2 bowls. Top with pecans, a sprinkle of cinnamon, a pat of butter, and a drizzle of milk. Serve immediately with additional maple syrup on the side, if desired.
NOTE: For 2 cups of cooked quinoa, bring 1 cup dry quinoa and 2 cup of water to boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until water has been absorbed, about 15–20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.