Sponsored by Whole Foods Market, Edible Sarasota’s Holiday Cookie Countdown features a scrumptious cookie recipe every day of December until Christmas.
- Combine flour and cocoa powder in medium bowl and set aside.
- In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, combine butter, sugar, and salt. Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, scraping bowl as needed.
- Add melted chocolate and beat until combined. Add egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture, scraping bowl as needed, until a soft, slightly sticky dough forms. Divide dough into two portions, form into 1-inch-thick disks, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until ready to use.
- Heat oven to 325°. Working with one dough at a time, roll into ¼-inch thickness on lightly floured work surface. Use a 3-inch Christmas tree cookie cutter and stamp out cookies.
- Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until set, about 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
- To make glaze, whisk together cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add cocoa powder and confectioners' sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Working with one cookie at a time, spread glaze on cookie and immediately sprinkle with ground pistachios. Continue with remaining cookies.