- 4 medium-size beets (Red, Golden, Chioggia, etc.)
- 4–5 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup fresh celery leaves
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1⁄8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup whole-grain mustard
- 2–3 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Wash beets, remove stems, and place in a saucepan. Cover with water, place on a lid, and bring to boil. Turn off heat and let sit, covered, at least 1 hour.
Steam or roast asparagus, cool, and cut into 2-inch pieces and set aside.
Test beets with a skewer to ensure they’re cooked all the way through, then drain water and cool. Rub beets with paper towel to remove skins, cut into quarters, and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk red wine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. Drizzle in olive oil, whisk to emulsify, then season to taste. Add asparagus, Romaine, celery leaves, and raisins; toss. Top with beets before serving.