- 4 6-ounce black grouper fillets
- 4 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups Mixon Farms fresh orange juice
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 4 ounces slab-style applewood bacon, diced into ½-inch cubes
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ pound butter, chilled, cut into ½-inch chunks
- Season the grouper on all sides with the Cajun seasoning and set aside.
- Place the orange juice and shallots in a sauce pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Continue to cook over high heat until syrupy and reduced to ¼ original volume.
- Place the bacon in a sauté pan over medium heat and cook until browned. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the sprouts become tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed sauté pan over medium heat. Add the seasoned grouper fillets and cook 3-4 minutes. Turn over and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- While the grouper is cooking, finish the orange sauce by turning off the heat and adding the butter, swirling until it has melted.
- Place the Brussels sprouts and bacon in the center of the plate, top with blackened grouper, and drizzle sauce over the fish.