- 2 pounds small red or gold potatoes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Irish butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and hot sauce (optional—but not really)
1. Heat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes and quarter into wedges. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil, melted butter, turmeric, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well, so all wedges are coated.
2. Place potatoes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until tender and crispy on the edges, 30–45 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes or so. To enjoy in true Benji fashion, mix equal parts ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise, with a dash of hot sauce, for the ultimate potato dipping experience.