- 1 large tomato, chopped (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest, from 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 2 salmon fillets, with skin (about 1 pound)
For tomato tapenade
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Season with salt. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Combine basil, parsley, garlic, oil, pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Pour over salmon and marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
Heat gas grill to high. Cook salmon, flesh side down, until nicely charred, 3–5 minutes with grill covered. Flip and cook until skin is crispy, about 4 minutes with grill covered. Serve topped with tomato tapenade and over cooked quinoa, if desired.
Courtesy of Carmel Café: Cooper Creek Blvd, Sarasota; carmelcafe.com